Friday, August 25, 2006

57,559 stitches later...

Scheherazade, formerly known as Mystery Stole 2, is now finished and blocking on the bed in the guest room. I seem to be suffering from separation anxiety after 57,559 stitches (more or less, not counting re-do's). We have been close companions for nearly two months. The last few days were especially intense, working on the edging. Then this afternoon I bound off the last stitch and set it out to block. Instead of feeling the sense of accomplishment I expected after finishing this gorgeous stole, I was struck by a sense of emptiness. It's not like I don't have a whole basket full of other projects on the needles and a long To Do list!

Pictures tomorrow...

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Hi Joyce - I responded to your comment on my blog, but in case you don't see it there, here it is as well:

In order to keep the sides straight, I ran a cotton string through the long sides, and across the points on the short sides. I then pulled the string tight and pinned it. As I moved along the side of the stole, pinning it, I kept pulling the string tighter. It really makes it much easier!

Looking forward to seeing your finished stole!